"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."
I have really been thinking a lot about this scripture the last couple of days. Being down and unable to go anywhere really reminds you just how important it is to go visit the brethren that are afflicted (in anyway...widow, physical, etc.) It gets so lonely. It has been several years since I have been totally down and it is always a reminder of just how important that scripture is. It is amazing just how lonely it gets not being able to go anywhere and not getting company. Tony and I have always tried to go visit the sick and widows but I am sure we could do better. I just pray that we can be used as a comfort to the brethren in their afflictions in the days and years to come.
Maybe today you could think about how you could put that scripture on. Is there someone that you could go visit? Is there someone that you have been meaning to just stop by and see? Go, you may never know what that meant to them.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Pure Religion
Posted by Kim at Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment