Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Prayer



My affliction hasn't been a big secret. I have actually gone pretty public since I put it out on the internet for all to view. LOL I had told one of the bishops and the other 2 found out from others before I told them. Although I told him, I didn't specifically ask him to come pray for me. I just asked him to pray. I guess I just really thought maybe it would just get better. If you don't know me very well then you don't know that I am NOT a panic-er. I just don't freak out about things. I just have had such peace to know that God knows all about what he has allowed so I haven't been concerned about whether the bishops came to pray or just did it from home. I know, I know...shame shame! I guess it is just one of the side affects of not being a panic-er. Well, tonight one of the Bishops and his wife came to see me. I have known them my whole life and are very special to me. As we sat and visited I had planned on asking him to pray while he was here. After just a bit he stood and started to ask me if that is what I wanted. All he got out was..."Do you" and I quickly responded yes. He prayed the sweetest prayer for me. I am just sitting here and thinking how thankful I am that he came. I am thinking about the example he is to me, the wonderful gift and sweetness that God has given him. I just love he and his wife so much. I have been separated from my parents for a number of years with no communication at all. (Not by my choice but that is another story) But God gave them to me to be parents. I know what I say is safe with them. I can share any thought or concern and know that they just love me. I just wanted to share how thankful I am that they came tonight. I am thankful to have the prayers of my brethren. Thank you for all those that have prayed for me. Your prayers have touched me so much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to have visitors and an elder to pray for you Sis. Kim. You come to my mind often lately with your affliction and certainly pray for you.

Love you lots, thank you for your awesomeness =)

~sis jana~ said...

That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing your blessings of the brethren. I know I've had many blessings too from brethren being in my life. It's as we should be to one another, family. Love and Prayers! sis jana

Jules said...

I actually don't know what your affliction is. But I'm glad that you've been prayed for. There is so much power in prayer, I'm so thankful to have it :)

Jules said...

Oh, and I'll pray for you, LOL, I forgot to write that.

Sis Stubby said...

Thank God. He sent the bishop to you.And we all will still be praying for you.