Good Morning! Well, we are trying to get our trip planned to CA. We are making it a family vacation and not just going to visit the brethren. We are going to (Lord willing) do the Disneyland thing. We are also planning on taking some of the teenagers to Knotts Scary Farm. For those of you who have never been, Knotts Berry Farm transforms the park every Fall for this. They add things and people to the rides and they have mazes and shows. The park is filled with fog, strobe and black lights. It is lots of fun and I know my kids will have a great time. I used to go as a teen and now my kids are old enough to go. It will be fun for them to go with their friends there. We are going to try to do a few other things too, you know... the beach and stuff!
I know in previous posts I have written about Hope's boyfriend Marcus. He is such a fixture around here. She has brought him to church and now he is taking his first family vacation with us. It is crazy to think he may be a PERMANENT fixture. Hope is so excited to introduce him to the brethren in CA and to the family. My kids are so excited about the trip but with Marcus going it has added a new excitement. Marcus hasn't been out of Idaho. They are so excited to show him all the things they used to do when we lived there. It is just so cute to hear the excitement in the kids voices when they talk to Marcus about all they want to show him. We just pray that Marcus has an ear to hear. We continue to pray for our own children that they will come in the faith but now that Marcus is around we include him in that prayer. We'll see....
So, here I am on the computer looking in to amusement park tickets and pre-orders to try to save a little money. I guess it gives me something to think about. I just ask that if I come to your mind you may pray for me. I have had some afflictions for years and sometimes it is worse than others. I really would like to go on this trip and feel good and be able to walk around the parks and not get pushed around. If I was leaving today I don't know that I would be able to do all that walking and all the activity. I just pray God would strengthen my body as he has in times past when I need it. He has always given strength to labor in the gifts (and do weddings, LOL). I know he is mindful. The kids are getting older and family vacations where we ALL go are numbered.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Here We Come!
Posted by Kim at Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh that sounds like so much fun. I love Disneyland. And I will sure pray that God will give you strength! Have fun.
I hope you guys have a wonderful time. I will be keeping your family in my prayers for a safe trip and that you my have the strength that you need.
Post a Comment