Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sober

I am very sober this morning. We have a brother here that is taking is lasts breaths of life. He probably won't make it through the day. The family is dealing with all the emotions that go with that. I myself am dealing with my own thoughts about it. My grandpa always said "the old with die and the young may". This brother is in his 80's I think and has only been in the faith for about 5 years or so. I am 37 and who knows what will happen to me. It is always sobering to me when someone passes away. There is no promise of tomorrow. Have I lived all that God requires of me? If it was my time, would I have run my race acceptable before God? Just very sobering thoughts.

I am also praying for God's mercy to the sister that I am suppose to be with. Her water broke about 6 last night and she had pains for several hours but they have slowed WAY down and lost the intensity they had at one time. They have let up enough that I came home. It only takes 3 minutes to get to her house from mine so I'm not that far away. She just needs the pains to start rockin' and rollin'.

Boy, just lots of things to think and pray about. I guess today is going to be a day of lots of thoughts and emotions. Pray for us here.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I know how you feel sis! Yesterday was one of those days for me. I found out about the brother who is passing. I just found out about my cousin and all that has happened to her and the family. And herd about my other cousin, the one who is/was in labor. A brother who is leaving this world, a dear sister to me who i will never be able to behold as i once did, and a sister who is baring a little one into this world. My hubby and i visited so much last night about life in the faith. The things we've been through and the things to come. Its all very sobering.

I've been and will continue to pray for you and the sister!

<3 ya

Trina said...

Well that is a lot to mull over on any given day, that's for sure. However, all good things for us to dwell on. I will pray that God has great mercy on you and everyone that your heart is weighing heavy on.

meNmykids said...

Very sobering. Life here is so fleeting, we are born and in a moment we die. I think it is beautiful when one is born when another dies. Somehow softens the pain. I will try to remember the brother in his crossing, and the sister in her hour.

Kim said...

Thank you for the prayers. The Bro. Passed about an hour and a half after I posted and the sister is having pains every now and then but nothing exciting. I know some of her water will replenish itself. Lord willing it wont be long.