Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hummm.... Does God Care Where I Live?




Well, the real estate market here as REALLY come to a slow down. It takes forever to sell anything and the prices are dropping. Tony and I started talking about maybe trying to sell our house and get a bigger one. First let me explain to those of you who don't know. We lived in So. Cal with a 2600 sq. ft house. We had a pool and jacuzzi with lots of room. Anyway, we LOVED having enough room that visiting brethren felt like they could stay with us. We entertain a lot so having room makes it an extra bonus. Anyway, 5 years ago we moved to ID. We rented a house when we first moved here because we weren't sure just where we wanted to live. After about a year we thought about moving but he kids were against it. They liked their schools and there were LOTS of kids around here. Plus they LOVED the yard. So although this isn't the house I would pick out, I was content enough to stay to make the kids happy. See, the house we are in is a nice house but quite a bit smaller than what we had. Our house in 1700-1800 sq ft but on almost a 1/2 acre. I have missed having the room. We had a 4 bedroom before and this house is a 3 bedroom. (All 3 boys are in 1 room. I know this isn't the end of the world either) So, back to what I was saying, we started talking about moving. The kids are now ready for more room. They are actually excited about it. We found a house we like. There are 2 draw backs but I can live with them. It is over 2800 sq ft 4 bedroom 3 bath. Well, we began praying about it last week. God would truly have to work things out for us to move. He would have to sell our house. In this market only HE could do it. I am sure the builder doesn't want to wait for our house to sell. The house we like is a new house but has been sitting empty since spring and yesterday they lowered the price but quite a bit. I know everyone has lots of things to pray about in their own lives and about the lives of their loved ones and with thoughts of others in trials and with afflictions this seems almost silly to ask but if we come to your mind please pray that we will know what to do and what his will is. Does God even care where we live if it doesn't effect our service to him? Hummm. We will just continue to pray about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house sounds wonderful! We know that the Lord doesn't care where we lay our head at night unless its filled with thoughts of other things than our service to Him. I know how humbling it is for the Lord to work out the perfect house for our families and yours is so faithful to entertain the brethren. Our Father blesses us sometimes with so much more than we ask and sometimes not. But in all: Thanks be to our God.
We'll be praying for his will for your sweet family :)
Love you so much!

Mrs.Martin said...

I said a prayer Kim. Your home is very cute!, but extra room is nice!
Especially, if you get extra company too.

Mrs.Martin said...

Love ya.. I hit enter too soon. LOL

Kim said...

Thanks for the prayers Mrs. Martin. I will keep you posted! We took the kids last night to see the house. They all loved it. They were already arguing over who gets which room.

Dayna, you can have whatever room you want! LOL