Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Lord Is So Good

What a weekend! I had been wanting to go to Oregon to see my dearest friends and Lord willing help them some. I knew to be able to go the Lord would really have to work it out. The last time I wanted to buy a last minute plane ticket they wanted $600. Tony said I could go if I could find a good fare. I got on the internet on Friday hoping to fly out on Saturday. The Lord blessed me so much! I got a REALLY cheap fare. I know he did that for me and Hope. (She wanted to go as bad as I did.)

We got there early Saturday morning. We rented a car and not even an hour into the drive our tire blew out. The rental car company gave me a big run around so I ended up paying to have the tire replaced. The tire blew because all the tires were only 20 PSI. I had to deal with the rental car company and the story is pretty long so I will spare you. We got back on the road with no more mishaps.

Just before we got to Dave and Dayna's, Dayna called me. She had no idea I was coming so I had to laugh when she called. I just talked to her like usual. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was in washing dishes, little did she know that I was in her driveway. I continued to talk to her and walked around to the back of the house and stood on her back patio just waiting for her to see me while still on the phone. It was soooo funny! She started yelling and running from door to door! She never came to the door that we were standing. Hope thought maybe she had passed out! LOL We finally found a door that was unlocked and made our way in. Of course the water works started. It was sooo fun!

Now we are home and Lord willing we were a comfort and help. I know Brittany is in and out of consciousness but I truly believe she will remember at least Hope being there. She did respond to her several times. Dayna and I sang to her Sunday night and she looked to be trying to open her eyes. I know she heard us. I was so comforted while there. Like I said, I hope we were a true comfort and not one of Job's miserable comforters.

2 comments:

Cherrie said...

My heart got so sad when I read your last two posts. The thought of a child suffering is so heart breaking. I am glad that the Lord worked a way for you to go and be there with your friend. I love that you surprised her.

Anonymous said...

My Sweet Friend,

You and Hope gave us the sweetest surprise the day you came! I still am so touched that you would do that for us. What a precious gift He has given us by restoring what was thought to be lost forever. It has been such a blessing to have you back in our lives. From Hope buying 7-up in the hopes that you would bring her here to deliver it herself, to Flowers received on a very hard day, your family has been such a comfort and I can't thank you enough for your constant love through it all. You have held me and my hubby up more times than you could know and I know Brittany knows you were both there and that it comforted her as much as it did us. Love you
Merry Christmas!