As a child I began to pray to be used in the Gift of Helps. I so desired to labor with the sisters when they gave birth. (Which I believe is part of that gift) The Lord has used me in this and it is such a blessing. I get so excited every time. I feel honored that I am asked to share in such a special and private time in someones life. For the last couple of days I have been so full of excitement because I have been asked to be with one of the Sisters. While on my trip last weekend she asked me! I was so surprised. She is due in January and I can't wait! Although I am full of excitement I have to really pray about it. The Sister lives in another state so the Lord is going to really have to work. I am not in a stage in my life that I can go somewhere and sit for a couple of weeks waiting for a baby. So, I am excited to be there and excited to see how the Lord works it all out. Will he reveal when the baby is coming? Will I just have time to jump on a plane on a last minute flight? Who knows? This will be exciting to see how God works his will. I was so comforted to talk to this Sister yesterday on the phone. She told me how she felt even before she was pregnant about having me with her and how she felt this while pregnant but wasn't sure how it would work living in different states. Everytime I see this Sister she is such a comfort to me so to be asked and for her to tell the story truly did touch my heart.
I have written before about being separated from some for 14 years so this will be extra special because I will get to labor with sisters that I was separated from. How precious is that? Who would have thunk it?? I know I didn't. God has been so good to me. Now the praying starts to see just how God is going to work this out. I'm so excited to see what happens!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Excited To See God Work
Posted by Kim at Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh Kim thats so neat! That Sister told me that story when she was first pregnant. I'm not even sure if she knew you had been with some of the other sisters until after she thought about it, but i'm not sure :S. Thats so neat! I'll be praying it works out for you to come at the right moments :)
Post a Comment