Pastor's Business Card
A new pastor was visiting in the homes of his parishioners. At one
house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came
to his repeated knocks at the door.
Therefore, he took out a business card and wrote "Revelation 3:20" on
the back of it and stuck it in the door.
When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that
his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message,
"Genesis 3:10."
Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in gales
of laughter. Revelation 3:20 begins "Behold, I stand at the door and
knock." Genesis 3:10 reads, "I heard your voice in the garden and I
was afraid for I was naked."
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Sometimes you need to laugh! Hope you have a good one!
Posted by Kim at Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
We all agree about the laughing part here in the Pelkey House! The Lord really blessed us this past Saturday when we had Sis. K's and our Timo's BD party. The Dad and daughter asked God to help them plan a fun party for the brethren and they came up (at the last minute!) with the most hilarious games. It was wonderful to hear our brethren laughing...the only thing missing was the Hansen family laughter... You know what the scripture says..."A merry heart doeth good like a medicine."
That scripture is so true. I always feel better after a good hardy laugh!
I got a good laugh out of that. That was pretty funny. :D
LOL i got that emailed to me a few days ago and i almost posted it on my blog :). I thought it was cute!
Well done Sister Kim I needed that laugh thanks Love Sister Charlene
Dave's till laughing :) Thank you for the chuckle. Mom has quoted that scripture (A merry heart...) as long as I've known her. I'm glad God gave his creation a sense of humor. He must've known we would just need a good belly laugh sometimes. I'm sitting here remembering times when I saw my brethren laughing until tears fell down their cheeks. Bro. Toms laugh had to be the sweetest though.
Love you
Dayna-The memories of our brethren laughing together is so precious. We have some fun memories of laughing together on YOUR couch 'till tears were coming down our cheeks. Those times are the best!
Post a Comment