Monday, November 26, 2007

Weekend of Thanksgiving.

This weekend went soooo fast! It truly was a weekend full of Thanksgiving. I know I have already posted about things I am thankful for so I wont repeat myself about those things (I'm not that old yet! LOL) but Saturday night we had company for dinner. It was just sweet to hang out and visit. Then Sunday night was the perfect end of a weekend full of thanksgiving. We had an ordinance meeting. It is always a very sweet reminder of what we have and the price that was paid. The foot washing is always very sweet to me. To watch the MEN is what touches my heart so much. As sisters we have so many opportunities to help take care of each other whether it is after a baby is born or when someone is sick that sometimes it just seems easy to wash the sisters feet. The men don't really share in that as much as the sisters so to see them bend down, gurd themselves with the towel and wash another man's feet is just very humbling and sweet. I just love when we do these things.

We also heard about the holy kiss. I was raised in the faith so that was something that never stood out to me as strange. The first time I brought my husband to church it freaked him out. I just didn't even think about warning him about it. (Thankfully he got over that) It is just so easy to greet my brethren and we do it so often that sometimes it is good for me to stop and really think about what it is. We are to receive our brethren as the Lord and by greeting them we are greeting him. How sweet is that?

I am so thankful to be put in mind of these things.

Have a GREAT day and may many thoughts of Thanksgiving fill your mind and heart.

PS Still waiting and waiting for that baby to come! (from my previous post) Keep her in your prayers. She gets very nervous at delivery time because she had a stillbirth with her first child. She has since had 3 other children but the thoughts are still there.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I know your busy at this moment with Sis.Trina! I got the text message that she was in labor. We're praying for both of you!

Kim said...

Well, her pains have really slowed down. They are there but not in full gear. Maybe today!