Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

Today my heart is so full of thanksgiving. I have a wonderful husband, healthy and wonderful children and most important I have the Lord in my life. He has given me so much. He has worked such wonderful things for me. He has healed me when according to man's knowledge I should be dead. He has kept us from harm more times than I can count. One of the most precious blessings he has given to me, that I am not sure I will ever get over, is him returning to me those that I have loved in the past. Not only has he brought me close to some family but has given me a precious friend. I know it is only a gift from him that he didn't HAVE to give me. Heaven knows I didn't deserve it. My dear friend gives me a smile on my face with the mere name on the caller ID. How awesome is that! LOL I wait each day to hear her voice. She is so encouraging to me and has sooo much to teach me in the Lord's ways. She is in a trial right now and it just kills me that I can't be there to just wrap my arms around her and hug her. She is 8 hours away and those miles never looked as long as they do now. I am so thankful for her and her family. I look forward to what the Lord has for us in the years ahead. It is such a wonderful thing for God to return something so precious to you. It was truly only a work that HE could work. It looked so Big but when it happened in seemed so small. He is such an awesome God that knows just what we need and when the PERFECT time is to give it to us.

I am baking pies and cheesecake for Thanksgiving tomorrow to share with family that I was separated from for 14 years. This is only the 2nd Thanksgiving with them and I cant wait. It is just another one of those wonderful blessings God worked in my life. To be with them is as though the 14 years never happened. We just picked up right where we left off. (We all just look a little older. LOL) For some that may read this, you know just how awesome this is that we are together and to those who don't know maybe God will work a time that I can tell you to glorify HIS name in it.

May the Lord bless your Thanksgiving. May you heart be full of joy and Thanksgiving for all that he has done for you this year and be full of wonder and faith of just what he will do for you this coming year.

Love to all!






4 comments:

Beth said...

Glad to see you FINALLY started a blog after lurking and leaving comments for so long...hehe. Hope you have a nice thanksgiving!!

Mrs.Martin said...

Kim, I am so glad you shared all this and what a perfect day to share this thankfullness. I do remember how your heart ached for your family, during your separation and 14 years is a long time. I am rejoicing with you and so happy for you. And to receive a friend, that is a close one, is such a blessing, a blessing you don't understand, until you don't have one. God is so good.


Very happy for you and Happy Thanksgiving too!

Kim said...

Beth, I finally did it! Hope I can do a good job! LOL

Mrs. Martin, Hope your day was just as full of Thanksgiving as mine! Really missing you voice. We have chatted for sooo long. Don't be surprised to get a call very soon!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I finally got to read your post :) Sister Charlotte so sweetly e-mailed it to me when I told her all my computer would do when I clicked on your blog was show a jumble of letters :( Then this morning my Son walks in and says "Mom just do this" and magically its all fixed. After a very hard night spent comforting my sick daughter, You have no idea what blessing to was to sit this morning and read what you wrote. My heart was so touched. If you could see my tears of thanksgiving, I know you'd see what God does, A heart that could never express how thankful I am for all He has given me.
For a sweet voice in the midst of a storm, for words of comfort and encouragement and for a constant hand, outstretched to hold not just me but our whole family up.

These last few weeks have been the hardest and yet the sweetest. It's made me truly more grateful for my dear Brothers and Sisters whose love and prayers are more precious than I could ever say.

Love you