As a young girl I can remember praying that one day he would allow me to labor with the sisters that are having babies. I really wanted the gift of helps and as I grew the desire became stronger. We all know that the Gift we think we want may not be what God wants for us so we need to be careful. Anyway, I was only in the faith for about 1 1/2 years the first time I was asked to labor with a sister. I was so excited. I couldn't wait to see what God would do. I couldn't wait to feel the direction of the spirit in it. The day came for me to go. I was so excited. The day was sooo sweet and to witness the power of God is sooo awesome. After experiencing it I desired it more. I prayed about it so much. Now it is almost 16 years later and I still get so excited about it. It never gets old. To feel the direction of the spirit and to hear the words that God gives to be spoken for encouragement are awesome.
Why am thinking about all of this?? Because I am sitting and waiting for a sister to call to say "it's time!" I was driving with another sister the other day and she made the comment that when you are asked to be there, you really don't have your own life for a while. It is true. You plan to stay in town, you may have to cancel plans, you have to answer each phone call. It is a sacrifice from time to time. I have missed holiday dinner, birthday parties and trips but I wouldn't trade it. I LOVE that the Lord has used me in this. I just pray that he will continue to use me. Each time I get to go I look at it as it may be my last time. You never know when he may not use you anymore.
Thank you Lord for allowing me to see the power of your hand. Thank you for your guidance in what to do and say. It is such a wonderful gift from you. Thank you for all the gifts you have laid upon my shoulders. Thank you Lord for allowing me to witness things that were only done by your hand. Thank you Lord. I have so much to be Thankful for!
The scriptures talk about desiring gifts. What do we desire? Are we willing? Are we just looking around waiting for others to be used? Hummm....I guess in general, the gifts have been on my mind a lot lately. Like I said before, Thank you Lord for the gifts that you have given me. I hope I will always be willing to labor in whatever Gifts he would choose to give me. What about you?
Friday, November 16, 2007
Sit and Wait and Wait and Wait
Posted by Kim at Friday, November 16, 2007
Labels: labors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment