Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hello Blogging World!



Good Morning! Ok, I finally did it. I read so many blogs everyday and comment often but don't really share my own thoughts. This is just the beginning of my blogging experience so please be patient with me!! =0)

My thoughts lately have been about the raising of my children. I was reading a blog from a Sister in Grand Junction who was telling and sharing pictures of her sons baptism. It made me wonder if my children will ever hear the call. We raise them but there is no guaranty they will come to the Lord. (Mind you, some of my children are still young and have growing to do before this happens.) Probably about a year ago my daughter told me she only wants to get baptized when she is ready to be married because that is what it is. I was thankful she understood the seriousness of what we do when we come to the Lord. She is now 17 and is graduating High School at the semester. She is responsible, sweet and thoughtful but will God put the faith in her heart? Will she heed the call? I just have to pray. I can't do anything to give it to her.

I was talking to my Grandma last night and was talking about how with a couple of my children the mistakes I made in raising them can no longer be fixed. They are too old and have been raised. Several years ago I asked a sister "How do you know you did it right? How do you know you taught them all you should have?" (She had 9 children herself and was at the tail end of raising them) She just laughed at told me, "Raising kids is like making waffles, you always ruin the first one". She just laughed. It was funny but I didn't want to ruin any of them! I told this same thing to Grandma last night. She said the true test of what kind of parent you were comes when you watch your children raise your grandchildren. HUMMM.....Hope I don't have that test for a while! Not ready for Grandma duty yet!

I guess I need to just continue to pray that I would be able to do what is required of me in teaching my children and that God will call them to him one day.

Well, here is my first blog. I rambled some and have a lot to learn about how to write and what to say. "Forbear me in love" =0)

8 comments:

Mrs.Martin said...

I am so happy you are blogging Kim! I watched my sister from a distant blog, before I ever blogged or commented. However, after moving sooo far away, I was ready to weekly communicate on here. And I have loved it for many reasons.

I enjoyed your post completely. The waffle part made me giggle, it can be Slightly true, to a degree. The poor guinea pigs. Yet, the Lord knows every one of our children are precious, those are great questions to ask a mom of many.

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Your post is so encouraging to me. My boys are 8, 5 and 1. Mothering is hard and with our accountability to the Lord, sobering and serious. The waffle story is funny. Though, yes, we don't want any of them ruined. I got great advice once when an older mom told me, "all you can do is live out in obedience to the Lord in front of your children--and sometimes it's in spite of you (all our mistakes), that God would call them." Sometimes I feel like I'll do all the right things and then they'll turn to God. But, I'm learning that God's will, will be done despite all of my short comings--so you are right, prayer is essential! God always honors faithfulness...
Keep up the great blog...! I look forward to reading it.

Trina said...

That was a really good post. I really enjoyed it. The first waffle analogy is funny, but there is some truth to it. I spoke to a dad who has one child and he said that he cant afford to make any mistakes and lose his son in this fight and that I was lucky to have so many sons. However, I said the same thing as you, I am not willing to lose ANY. They are all just as precious as his one. Raising them is serious and sometimes scary business, but through prayer (and that doesnt ever end) all things are possible.

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

I tried leaving a comment earlier and it didn't work :( Oh well!

Thats neat your a blogger now :). I cant wait to hear about all the neat things my big sis has to say :)

Love the waffle story! I think its so cute that you told Philip and I that on our first date :)

Love ya sis!
-Tiffylou

Anonymous said...

Hey there :)
So you did it too! How am I going to keep up with all my dear Sisters blogs? actually I think it's such a comfort to hear what my Sisters are thinking. Sometimes the very day I'm thinking the same thing or going through the same trial. It's nice to know we're never alone :) I love what your Grandma said about watching your kids raise their own being the true test. I immediately thought of Bro. Craig and Sister Lori's sweet Grandchildren and what wonderful parents they have all become.

I just love that song from the Isaacs, I looked for that CD all morning and couldn't find it. I know I used to have it :(

Love you,

Anonymous said...

Hi Sister Kim I am very excieted to see you blogging. Your kids have kind hearts and they are soft hearted and that is a big one. The Lord can't work with a heard heart. I prayed for years that my kids would have soft hearts and a conscious as big as there bodies. So hang in there and I will pray for them too.
Love ya Sis Charlotte

Kim said...

WOW! My first post and I got so many comments!! LOL

Remember guys, be patient with me!!

Love you all!