Thursday, June 25, 2009

My 4 Blessings

My thoughts have been on what a blessing my kids are. The Lord has blessed me with kids that are very compassionate and tender hearted. The last 3 weeks have been so sweet to me to watch them care for me. Trust me, being taken care of is VERY hard for me but I know it is good for our family too. I have to keep my leg up quite a bit and I cant carry anything since my hands are full with my crutches. The kids come in at least 50 times a day checking to see if I need anything. My glass and belly are never empty. My kids have been here for every minute. I know it was hard for them to see my broken leg but I also know that God did that for them. They had a front row seat to see God's power. Several hours after it happened and we were sitting around rejoicing, my youngest came in and sat with me. We were talking about what happened that day and how thankful we are. I asked Him how he was and he said "Mom, it made me want to barf!" LOL I just laughed. I know how horrifying my leg looked but it wasn't just that. He was sad for me. He didn't like that I had to go through something like this. Each one of my kids have expressed the fact that it was hard for them to see me with a broken leg. It really made my heart thankful for the relationship I have with my kids and how close we are. I am just thankful for my blessings. I am thankful to see how God has worked with them through this. I am thankful for my own journey. God gave me such an abundant amount of grace and peace. As I laid there waiting for God's hand to move, I had a smile on my face and laughed. It was only because of his abundant grace. I know I should have been climbing the walls with pain. I should still be in a lot of pain but he continues to be merciful. I could just go on and on about all that the Lord has done in the last 3 weeks but I will spare you. LOL For now I will just think about the 4 blessings in my life. The blessings that God gave and knew before I knew them. He formed them and knew what they would go through and made their hearts. I am thankful for my blessings and for a Heavenly Father that knows me and what I need.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You always have such a beautiful testimony and it truly touches my heart. It reminded me of Jada my 4 year old. See a couple weeks ago I was very sick with the stomach flu sicker than I think I have ever been. It was a Wednesday evening and her Daddy was getting her and JoHannah ready for church and she came in to my room and stood beside the bed and prayed for me and told me that she was going to tell everyone at church to pray for me. I was so touched by that and I only hope that she keeps that caring heart. It really sounds like you have beautiful children I hope that mine grow to be the same way. Keep the beautiful testimonies coming I love them and you are in my prayers.

Sis Stubby said...

Sis Kim you are such a blessing to me.Your testimonies are an uplift.I to am thankful for your children.