Sunday, June 7, 2009

Boy Do Things Change Quickly.....

Well Girls here I am. I made my last post about 40 minutes before I broke my leg! I THOUGHT I was Oklahoma Bound...lol. So here is what happened. I got up Tuesday morning and put a Mexican roast in the crockpot (I hardly ever use my crockpot) and started a big pot of beans, I checked in some blogs and then typed my post, finished doing a few things around here and then Justin called for me to come pick him up at school. (little did I know that I started all that food because I would have a houseful to feed) It was raining outside so as I was backing down the driveway I decided to stop and get the mail. I stepped out out of my van and slipped on the slick drive way and broke my leg in several places. Thankfully my oldest son had just got home from school so I yelled for him and out he came to find the car door open and me on the ground. I asked him to pull the car back in and then I crawled on my hands and knees up the driveway, through the garage and into the house. Jared got my phone out of the car and I began to call the bishops and other brethren. It wasn't long and my house was full of brethren. My leg was broken REALLY bad. I can't even describe how bad it looked but God gave me such grace and a confidence that he was going to take care of it. The brethren began to come and pray. One brother walked in and I KNEW God was going to use him. He prayed and began to rub my leg and I thought "is he going to do it now?" but he didn't. I just knew he would so I just waited. The grace was abundant. God put a smile on my face and a peace in me that I just cant explain. After several hours of my leg laying on a pillow in pieces and the skin so stretched over the bones that we could see the bone under the skin, the brother stood just as one of the Bishops began to leave. He asked him to stay. I felt the spirit so strong and was so comforted. He walked to the end of my leg and said "are you ready for this?" I took Tony's hand and the brother began to pray and in the name of the Lord set my leg. He wasn't even looking at what he was doing, he was just doing what he felt in the spirit. All I could do was call out to God to have MERCY as he pulled and twisted. My leg looked normal. Sisters, it went from looking like something from a horror flick to looking normal. We saw a miracle. The brethren's faith has been increased. The pain has been very minimal. I know it has only come from GOD. There is so much that transpired that it would take pages and pages to write so you are kind of getting the reader's digest version. I am so thankful for God's grace and mercy. I am thankful for the confidence he filled my heart with. I just KNEW he would do it. One Sister came in and told me she would not look at it. I told her she had to. She said no and I just told her she had to took to appreciate the miracle that was to come. The words came out and knew they were from God. So she looked and when the miracle happened she was so glad she looked. So hopefully in time I will get the opportunity to share the WHOLE story with each one of you face to face. I just wanted to put an update since I know Sis. Tiffany put it on her blog. Thank you all for the prayers and if I come to your mind please continue to pray for me. Glory be to God because without him I NEVER could get through what I have gone through. Especially with such a joy and peace. Love you all!

7 comments:

Charlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlene said...

Oh my dear sweet sister I am so glad that the pain has been minamal and that God has had mercy on you. I love you Sister Kim with all my heart and I am glad I am coming to Idaho so I can hug you and pray with you. Love Sister Charlene

Beth said...

Was wondering how you were doing...glad to hear that you are a lot better and for all that happen.....truely amazing!!!!

Jules said...

I'm so sorry about your leg. I can't even imagine how painful that was... I'm thankful that you were not alone and could get the brethren so quickly. I hope someday that we do get to meet, but I guess it wasn't the right time :) I will continue to prey for your recovery :)

JoAnn said...

I am so thankful for God's mercy to you. What an incredible miricle for us all to hear. God does here and answer the prayers of his people!

Sis Stubby said...

Thank You our most wonderfull heavenly Father.
That is such an uplift for me.I know it was for you most of all.

Sis. Leah said...

Thank you for sharing your blessing, it is such an uplift to hear of God's mercy. I am so thankful that you didn't have to suffer much and for the blessing that God gave to you and those who were there. You will continue to be in my prayers.