Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Pleasure of Flushing the Toilet AND Taking A Shower!

It's been a little bit since I have posted last. So much has happened and of course my mind has a lot of different thoughts but today I will post about the happenings around the house. Our house was built using a septic tank. For some time we knew our drain field was getting really slow. Over the last couple of months it really took a nose dive! I could only do 1 load of wash a day if we all wanted to shower (with 6 people in this house that just doesn't work). If I did more than 1 load there would be loud gurgling in the pipes because it was backing up. We could only shower because a bath would only drain if I hadn't done wash that day. ARGH! Several years ago a school was built at the end of our street. When it was built for some reason they had to put a man hole on our street so in doing so ran the city sewer past our house. They only ran it past 4 houses. At the time we weren't having problems but boy are we thankful they did it! Last week we scheduled to tie in to the sewer. You have to pay the city for the pipes they laid in front of your house plus a tie in fee. Then you pay an excavator to come dig a huge trench in your yard and then pay the plumber to come do the pipes under the house and out to the street. It is suppose to be a 1 day job. Monday was suppose to be the big day. The excavator came to get help filling out the permits. He came back twice and told me he was going to get his back hoe and supplies. I waited and waited. He didn't come back! ARGH! The plumber was coming that afternoon. The E finally called and told some untruths. We cancelled the plumber for that day but asked if he could come on Tuesday. He said he was all booked up but would come real late. Tuesday came, the excavator came dug the hole and broke our water line and broke the electrical line to our water pump. We had NO water for 5 hours. Finally he got everything repaired. At almost 8:00 the plumber showed up to tell me that he was just going to look to see what he needs and just come back on Wednesday morning since he was too tired. Wednesday came, the plumber came and was informed that I couldn't use any water until the inspector came. Once again I was waterless for about 6 hours. The inspector came and it passed! Yeah! The hole was filled in. Now to plant grass again. We are so excited to not have to worry about how many loads I do. We can now flush the toilet, take as many showers as we want and best of all I can go back to taking my relaxing baths!!!! I am just sooo glad that our 1 day project that turned into 3 days is all over!

0 comments: