For some time I have been thinking about things we say. Specifically when we say..."If God doesn't have mercy than such and such will happen". I actually started thinking about this when Sis Shannon was close to death. I found myself saying "If God doesn't have mercy she will die". After saying it I was cut. What is mercy? Couldn't death be HIS mercy? Who am I to assume to know what would be merciful? Who am I to know what God thinks is best? If I believe that God has full control over my life then isn't all that happens in my life merciful? Didn't he show his mercy just by calling me to serve him? Because I cant see farther than the nose on my face, isn't all that God allows in my life his mercy to me because he knows what is ahead and how to prepare me? He shows his mercy to me every day in the good and the bad that happens. His mercy is to mold me to be what he would want me to be. So, I see that all that happens IS his mercy to me. I also need to be careful to not assume what would be more merciful not just for myself but for others. I am just so thankful that God DID have mercy on me and continues to do so everyday!!
"For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?"
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
We All Have Probably Said It....
Posted by Kim at Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
FYI- I have NO idea why the word specifically is highlighted. I tried everything to get it off and it wont. Sorry!
I guess we all say stuff like that.I know I have.I agree with you a 100%
I will now have to watch what I say.GOD is so merciful to his children every day.
Post a Comment