
This morning I was thinking about MY shepherd. It is said that flocks of sheep only obey the voice of their own shepherd. Is that the same with me with my own shepherd? Do I only listen and obey his voice or do I allow the adversary to whisper in my ear and take heed to it?
"I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep."
He is such a gentle shepherd. It isn't hard to listen and to obey if my mind is truly fixed on him.
I just want to be quick to obey the voice of my shepherd. If I stay on my knees with my heart and mind fixed on him I will hear each word he whispers to me. If I don't, my ears will become dull. Oh Gentle Shepherd hear my lowly cry and in thy cool green pastures let me lie......

1 comments:
I'm going to have that song in my head all day now =).
Good thoughts to think on.
Post a Comment