Monday, May 24, 2010

Fear Isn't A Bad Thing...

I was reading in Psalms yesterday and read this verse...

"The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes. "

It made me think about the fear of God and a couple of other scriptures....

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever."

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

I started thinking about MY fear of God. I thought back to when I was a child. I thought about my Dad. When I was young I was more concerned with hurting my Dad's feelings by doing something to displease him than I was about a punishment. Am I that way with the Lord? Am I more concerned about displeasing him than the punishment? God is a patient God and for that I am so thankful but I also know that in a few places it speaks about the "wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience". I want to keep a healthy fear of God. I want to be more concerned with displeasing my Heavenly Father than with what punishment may come. I want to keep my heart, soul and mind focused on the fruits of the spirit and then I wont have anything to be concerned about. Today I will keep my mind on this....


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. "







0 comments: