Well these taquitos got a thumbs up from everyone here. Hope you like them.
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
8oz cream cheese (I actually used an extra 2 Tbsp)
1/2 C green salsa (I used a little extra)
2T fresh lime juice (I think I might use a little more next time)
1 t cumin
2 t chili powder
1 t onion powder
1/2 t granulated garlic or garlic powder
6 T chopped cilantro
4 T sliced green onions
4 C shredded cooked chicken
2 C grated pepperjack cheese (used a little more)
corn or flour tortillas (I made both. Some liked the flour better some the corn but both were good)
cooking spray
Heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it's soft and easy to stir. Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and granulated garlic. Stir to combine and then add cilantro and green onions. Add chicken and cheese and combine well
Place taquitos seam side down on the cookie sheet but dont let them touch each other.
TIP*
If you are going to use corn tortillas you have to heat them to be able to roll them so they dont crack. I put them in hot oil for a few seconds, let it drain on paper towels and while warm wrap them. Some people wrap a few at a time in a damp paper towel and microwave them. I havent tried that. If you do it that way then spray the taquitos lightly with cooking spray before baking.
Bake taquitos for 15-20 mins until they start getting golden brown and crunchy.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Posted by Kim at Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yumm!! Sounds so good, I printed them off for the next time I make taquitos. I didn't realize till lately you could bake them, I've been frying them all this time :-< Now if you would just print your cookie recipe!!
Sounds good! I think i'll try these soon =)
Post a Comment