Friday, April 23, 2010

13! Where Did It Go?

Today my baby turns 13. I don't know where the time goes but it seems as if the older I get the faster it goes. As I have written before my births were all difficult. With Josh, I was in HARD labor for 5 days. He was breach and big. God had shown me about a month before that we would be born wrong. I didn't know how, I just knew he wouldn't be head down. I also knew who God showed me would be there. When labor got hard, I called for the sisters to come. When I called one of them she said she had the flu and wouldn't be able to come. I KNEW she was suppose to be there so I KNEW I would have to be in labor long enough for her to get well. Sure enough, she came 3 days later. After being in hard labor for 4 days one little leg came out. He was doing the splits and his other foot was up at his face. That little leg just kept kicking and kicking but it also began to swell and turn dark. Needless to say my brethren were on their knees and had been for days. I was so tired. I hadn't slept at all in those 5 days plus just being tired from being in labor that long. My house was full of my dear brethren. After hours and hours he came out to his belly to be stuck there for hours and hours. Finally, only by the power of God, the rest of him came. We didn't know just how his leg would be affected. It was so swollen and discolored. He was 10 pounds 5 ounces and 23 1/2 inches long. YIKES! All was well! It took more than a week for the swelling to go down and he didn't know how to suck for about a week but all was well. It has been so sweet to me to watch him run and play. To watch him grow and nothing to be wrong with him is such a sweet blessing. It could have been so different. I just cant believe it has been 13 years though. Birthdays are such a sweet reminder of God's mercy and power. I have just been reflecting on those 5 days and what God did for us. The sweet conversations during that time, some that I had with those that were there and also the conversations I had with my Heavenly Father. He truly has come to my rescue many, many times. So today I will continue to reflect on that time in my life. Happy Birthday Precious Son!

0 comments: