In January my son Jared was in an accident. He was not at fault at all but the person that hit him was the Coroner. We knew it was going to be easy to try to pin it on the car of teenagers. Even though he was almost completely out of the intersection and the back part of his car was hit and then he was spun around 180 degrees he was the one that got a ticket. Needless to say I was so frustrated. At first the officer wanted to site him for reckless driving. I pointed out that we drive looking forward and not looking backward to see who might hit the back side of the car. So he then said he would site him for inattentive driving. I asked how he was inattentive if he was hit in the back. So then he said he was giving him a speeding ticket. I told him if Jared was getting a speeding ticket the Coroner better get one too. There was no way she was going 20 mph if she totalled his car (the damage was so bad it was clear at the scene it would be totalled) and spun him 180 degrees. Anyway, he gave Jared the ticket and sited her for NOTHING. I just knew we would have to pray about it. It didn't seem fair for him to have something on his record when we didn't do anything wrong. I had several conversations with him about suffering the wrong. As we all know sometimes we DO have to suffer the wrong. Tony and I really prayed about it. We decided to fight his ticket. See, our insurance company got a letter from HER insurance company putting the blame on Jared and wanting $11000 for the damage to her car. Our insurance company had already determined her to be at fault so they denied the claim. We only had liability on his car since it was a 1996 stratus. This is one reason we decided to fight the ticket. They were claiming that one reason he was at fault was because he was the one ticketed. We went to pre-trial. We took all the pictures, police report etc and once the attorney found out it was the Coroner that hit him he said we would have to come back for a trial before a judge. We were set to go back on April 8th. We have continued to pray about it and had more conversations about suffering the wrong. I was shocked today. I got the mail and in the mail was a notice to dismiss. They dismissed his ticket before we went to trial. It said it was dismissed in the best interest of justice. I am so thankful but know it was just God working in the heart of the attorney. Now we will just continue to pray that he would work in the hearts of those at Her insurance company so they will pay for his car. We are just so thankful that he still has a clean record! Such a blessing! It was another time that God worked and my children were able to witness something that looked impossible. Jared had come to the mind that they would just pin everything on him and he would have to suffer the wrong. Now he saw how God works in the hearts of men on our behalf. We are just rejoicing today!
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aww that's so sweet! I hope everything works out with the insurance company and he's able to get a new car.
God is so awesome. I am am thankful to hear of the works of God in my brethren lifes. So glad that is record remains clean, and I will keep him in my prayers about the car insurance.
Post a Comment