Thursday, April 1, 2010

It All Began With A Blind Date

I woke this morning to the thought that our "family history" began years today. April 1st, years ago Tony and I were set up on our blind date. I was 18 and he was 25. I was asked to sing in my girlfriends wedding. Tony was suppose to be a grooms man in his friends wedding. I asked my girlfriend if I could bring one of my guy friends with me to the wedding. I had just broke up with a guy and really just wanted to go and have a good, no pressure time. She said NO! Anyway, one night I got a call from her asking me to come over to meet someone. I DID NOT WANT TO GO. I really didn't want to date anyone but got talked into coming over. I walked in the door and saw Tony sitting at the table. I KNEW the moment that I saw him he was the one. I knew he was the man I would marry. I felt as if I had walked into a wall. A few months later we got married. We actually ended up getting married before our friends. LOL They ended up breaking up and getting back together later to get married and later get divorced. As for us, we got married started a family and came in the faith. Actually all that happened within a 12 month period of time. 3 of the biggest blessings that can happen in someones life happened all in the same year for us. Now we are 21 years into it. I have been with Tony longer than I was without him. I'm just thankful he didn't turn out to be a bad April Fools joke! LOL

2 comments:

pandama said...

aaaaaaaahhhhhhh what a blessing praise god

Anonymous said...

Wow that is an awesome testimony. It is so nice to have couples to look up to in this crazy society where marriages seem to break up all the time. God bless.