Boy! What a weekend! It was sooo wonderful! First of all I did go buy a camera but didn't have time to read how to use it so the shots aren't real good but oh well. Friday was the rehearsal and dinner. We had about 30 people here for dinner. I tried to get as much done on Friday as possible so Saturday morning wouldn't be as hectic. I have to say that without my kids, who are always so willing to help, nothing would have gone as smoothly. Friday we set up all the tables and chairs so on Saturday they would only need to be set. Thank goodness for my boys who just whipped those tables and chairs up. (Now when I say "my boys" that includes my daughters boyfriend who is a very regular fixture at our home) Anyway, Saturday came very quickly and we were up and at 'em reeeaaallll early. Lots to do and so little time when the wedding is at 10:30. We ended up with about 140 people in attendance. It all worked out and was beautiful. She was a beautiful bride and I fulfilled my only promise....They would leave my house married! LOL
This is the ring bearer and flower girl! They were so cute and did a great job!
Here is a shot of the guests on just 1 side of the yard. Of course the shadiest side of the yard filled up quick since it was a hot day. LOL
So the wedding was over and with only a few guests still at our house, the phone rang to let me know that the sister that I have had the wonderful opportunity to care for had taken a turn for the worst. So, I quickly gave my loving husband and kids instructions of what to break down and what to leave up and off I ran over there to say my goodbyes to her. The Lord filled me with a few words to speak to her which I did very quietly in her ear. I hope she was as comforted as I. Then I came home to finish setting up and getting dinner made for my company. I had 11 for dinner (plus my kids). We had such a sweet night. Great visit! I was just so comforted and filled with thanksgiving. The last of the company left just before midnight. It was a long day that was so filled with blessings. There is just nothing like having my brethren in my home. Sunday morning I got up early and started my lunch for after church since I was having another crew for eats before they hit the road to return home. We left for church and had such a sweet meeting. Much rejoicing and comforting of the spirit. Then came home to have company for lunch. They stayed until about 4:30 when they hit the road for Oregon. Sunday night I just reviewed the weekend. So many wonderful blessings! I am so thankful. The Lord has given so many blessings and having the yard that we have has surely been one of those blessings. I LOVE being able to look out my window and see so many of the ones I love all in one place, my own yard. It fills my heart so much! Now we have to get ready to camp with lots of the brethren. We are leaving on Thursday! Yeah! So, no stopping to rest yet! I can't wait to be with my brethren and look forward to the visits. If we come to your mind, pray for a safe trip and safe return. Thank you for your prayers to get me through the wedding! They worked! LOL

7 comments:
It sounds like everything turned out great. I am do thankful that the Lord blessed you this weekend. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as you head out this weekend.
I am so thankful that you and everyone who was able to attend had a blessed day. I love those days when your with the brethren. Even though you might put a lot of work into it, it's all worth it when you stand back and look out over everyone and know that they are your brethren. Your Brothers and Sisters! I will certainly keep you and all who plan to camp in my prayers.
I never realized how big your backyard was, it was perfect for the wedding! You all did a great job, the wedding was beautiful! :) Hope you can relax on your camping trip..be safe.
That looked to me as a beautiful wedding!I am thankful to our God that you was able to do this for them. I know you have been bless by this.I am also glad you were able to go to that sister for a little ,to say good bye.Keep safe
I'm glad that everything went good for the wedding. It looked like a beautiful setting. Kids are great to have in times like those :) I'm sorry that the sister you were taking care of took a turn for the worse. That was very nice of you to leave and go see her.
It was such a beautiful wedding! Thanks for hosting ;)
Love you lots big sis!
I'm so glad God gave you all a beautiful day for such a special event. I'm sorry to hear about they sister who took a trun for the worst, at least you were able to go be with her.
Post a Comment