Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Morning Thoughts

Last night I went to go visit a Sister. It had been on me to go, so last night I went. I was so comforted and was so filled by the spirit. It was so sweet. Anyway, we were visiting about having babies. She is due to have her first in a week. We didnt visit much about the physical things but about the mind in labor. How to dwell on good things during labor, how to battle the adversary who would love to come and take any joy or peace away. When we allow the thoughts to come that give doubt the peace goes too. If we will just put those things away, even in the midst of labor there is a wonderful peace and joy.

So this morning I woke with this scripture on my mind...

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

That is not only a sweet scripture but a wonderful tool to use in the battle. If we just think on these things and only let those things fill our mind the adversary will have no room to come in.

So today I want to fill my mind with these things, not today only but I may just need a reminder tomorrow.

Just my morning thoughts.....

0 comments: