Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Thinking Back

Today is my baby's 11th birthday. I can't believe it! I don't know where the time has gone. Every year on his birthday it brings the memories of his birth. The awesome power of God and his grace. I was in HARD labor for 5 days. I had many complications and it is the mercy of God that he is here and completely normal. (Well, as normal as a pre teen gets!) It is a miracle that any of my children are alive. I had many problems during all my deliveries and even had one baby that didn't breath or have a heart beat for 25 minutes after my after birth had come. (To some 25 minutes might not sound very long but it feels like an eternity in that moment.) I have seen so many things. Not only did he keep my children but he kept me. He spared my life through it all too. According to the knowledge of man I should be dead because of things that happened during and after my births. God's power is so mighty. As each year passes and their birthdays come and go it is a reminder to me. I'm thankful for that reminder. When the storms come I want to remember all the things he has delivered me from and stand with confidence. I don't want to be one that walks out on the water and then begins to doubt and sink. I know I just have to stay close to the Lord and "lay it down and leave it". His promises are true and he will bring me through whatever he has set before me.

2 comments:

Cherrie said...

I can so relate to the complications of having a baby. But the Lord is so awesome to us. He has spared me many times and it is always a constant reminder to me. Happy Birthday to your 11 yr. old baby....

Jules said...

Aww, I know what you mean, time flies! My baby will be 6 in a few weeks, and I know that before i know it, he will be 11, like your aby :( It is unreal to think about that. That is an amazing story about the baby not breathing for 25 minutes, then finally starting to breathe, God is great!