Thursday, April 3, 2008

Blessings To Me

I woke up this morning thinking about my friends that the Lord has given me. We all have friends that are friends that you know you can call if you need them and then we have friends that are more like Sisters. The ones that you have an unspoken understanding with. The ones that know the secret things and know just what to say. Those are the ones I am thinking about this morning. All friends are a blessing but the extra close ones are just an extra special blessing. I am so thankful I have them. I am thankful for the times when I try to hide that something is wrong and they can still tell. I am thankful they are always praying for me. I am thankful that I can pick up the phone and it is as if my fingers are on auto pilot and just dial the number. I am thankful there is an understanding in what we say or lack of what is said, they just get me. I guess today I am just thankful that the Lord has seen fit to give them to me. They know who they are and so do I. I pray that my children will find friends like that in the faith to share the secret trials with. Being part of the family of God is such a special gift and I am thankful for all the brethren that walk along side me on this road. I dont know what I would do without them. I hope today you will think about the special friends you have in your life. Those that are more like a Sister that you share the most secret things with. The ones that even when you dont share they already know. Remember what a blessing they are.

2 comments:

Jules said...

We are very blessed people. It is awesome to have people (even ones you don't even know) who you would trust anything with :) I'm so thankful also to be getting to know several sisters, and keep up with sisters I already know.

Anonymous said...

I remember in High School hanging out with my 4 girlfriends who I shared everything with, thinking we'd never be apart and yet as soon as I came in the Faith they disappeared. But I see that the Lord understood something I didn't. That our truest friends are the ones we share our lives in the faith with. God connects our hearts in a way that only He has the power to do. Like Jules said even the ones I've never met are more precious to my heart than the ones I had in High School that at the time I thought I couldn't live without! What a blessing!