Sis. Lorrrriiiii, I'm at the fence with my coffee are you there?????
What a weekend! I love entertaining! Friday we had 10 for dinner. We had a great dinner (if I do say so myself! LOL) and a wonderful visit. We visited on so many topics but it was all so good. The visit started with the younger brethren asking questions of the older brethren. That is always so edifying to me. The scriptures tell the young to learn from the older and I love to see that happen.
Saturday night I went to a visit at my cousin's house. It was a night with lots of going on but led to some wonderful visits with a Sister who is new to the faith.
Sundays meeting was very sweet. Just being reminded what faith is. Listening to the 3 men that got up to speak reminded me of a talk in another place recently. It was about having faith even when God may not choose to deliver you from something. For example, he delivered the children of Israel but not Stephen.
Sunday night we had a table full for dinner again. I am so thankful to be able to have the brethren in our home. After everyone left I was thinking about the brethren I have met through our forum and blog. I am so thankful for it. I have always wanted to travel more among the brethren and the more I meet the more I want to go. Lord willing he will make a way for us to go more and of course it would be GREAT if they got to come stay with us! So pack your bags and come visit! I couldn't stand to live in a place without my brethren. Just after being drafted for Viet Nam and stopping home for a quick visit after boot camp, my Dad was baptized. (My Mom was baptized while he was in boot camp.) He was then stationed in Panama. My parents had to live in another country for 18 months. No family or brethren. It was a very hard time for them. I can't imagine. I am thankful that is something I won't face. I am thankful I have a companion that has the same desire to be around the brethren. I am thankful to have a companion who has a desire to serve God. God knew what he was doing bringing us together.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Weekend Events
Posted by Kim at Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am glad you had a great week-end.It is always good when we visit with our brothern.I to am thankful for getting to more brothern on the blogs and forum.
We are going to have a week of meetings this week and Saturday night a singing.I am looking forward to that.
Oh I love your blinkies.
yes Sister Kim you very blessed and I am glad that you don't have to be away from the Brethren as I am it is a very lonley place to be I am so very glad that God is with me your blog was a comfort so was your song - prayer thank you. LOve Sister Charlene
What a nice post. I feel VERY fortunate to have met a lot of sisters through this blog. I haven't been able to travel very much (thanks to no money ;) and I love meeting new brethern. I love having company, it sounds like you had a wonderful time with your company! I hope I do meet you in person someday :)
Post a Comment