Tuesday, April 22, 2008

God's Protecting Hand

In my kitchen, I have a couple of cabinets that are on a corner so when you open the door it is 2 doors that swing open. Tonight I opened the cabinet to get a glass. Just as I was pulling it out the door came off of the top hinge and came crashing into the hand that was holding the glass. The glass shattered in my hand. I felt the glass go into my hand. I called out for my hubby to come quick. I couldn't see my hand because I was holding up the cabinet door as it hung by one hinge. My hubby took it from my hands and I quickly put my hand over the sink to see the damage. I had some glass stuck in my hand and a couple of slices but it could have been so much worse. I ran water over my hand for a bit and pulled out the big pieces that were hanging out. Then my dear hubby had to pick the smaller pieces out with the tweezers. It was not comfortable but it sure could have been worse. I just wrapped my hand in a towel until the bleeding stopped, bandaged a couple of places that were the worst to keep stuff out of it while cooking dinner. I am just so thankful for God's protecting hand. It could have been so much worse.

3 comments:

Cherrie said...

I am so glad that you weren't hurt real bad.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful the Lord was right there and your sweet hubby :) How's it feeling today?

Aunt Sissy said...

So glad to hear that the lord took care of you and you weren't hurt anymore than that.