Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Purpose

I have written in the past about the gifts and I how I have sought God to be used. I am thankful for the gifts he HAS given me and I enjoy to be used every time but what is my purpose? I know our life is more than just being used in gifts. The scriptures say..

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

My purpose is to bring honor to the creator, to the great I AM. To be a light unto the world as well as my children. My purpose is to fear him and keep his commandments. That all my works will be of the fruits of the spirit.

These thoughts fill my mind with hopes that each day I will grow to be a better example and light. That the fruits of the spirit will flow from me. That I will bring honor to the Lord. Maybe in the midst of the trials we are in and in needing God everyday to give the grace to go through it, causes my mind to go to these things. I don't want to question God and why I am being tried in these ways but just think about what it will work and what my purpose is, my duty.

I am thankful that he is a patient God because I know I have things to work on!

0 comments: