Friday, August 1, 2008

Just Catching Up

Just a little catching up...

First I'll start by saying that I never made it to the Cheesecake Factory for the $1.50 slices. I definetly didn't need it since I only have a few days before I will be wearing a bathing suit in the Bahamas. LOL That being said... I did make a cheesecake...HE! HE!

On Monday night we had the opportunity to go visit with Bro. Mark, Sis. Carolynn and Sis. Sarah. I volunteered to bring dessert so I made a carmel apple cheesecake. YUM!! We had the best visit. I am so thankful that God made a way for them to come. He is so afflicted but God gave him strength and grace to come see where his daughter has moved. The sweetness of the spirit was so comforting. Wednesday night we went to church and meeting was very really good. Thursday night be went back to see the visiting brethren. (They were heading home today.) Again the visit was so sweet. It was so touching to me. I really felt to pray for him so I did and so did my hubby. It was so sweet what came forth. After we were done we sat very quiet for a few minutes. It was so peaceful. Than Bro. Mark felt to pray for us. He prayed in tongues and then interpreted. He prayed for things that no one knew. Things that weren't revealed in our visit or to anyone. It was a wonderful end to a wonderful couple of visits. I am just so thankful we had the opportunity to see them and REALLY get to know them.

Today I took the boys to the lake and just relaxed. We skipped rocks and talked. I have really enjoyed this summer with the my kids. They are growing so fast. It is so interesting to talk to each one. They all have different thoughts and personalities. We have gone to the Zoo, Discovery Science Museum, rented paddle boats, the movies, went to the lake and went to the pool at my uncles a few times. Hummm... what to do next week.....

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

First i want to say i thought of you when i saw this background/templet. Second i'm so thankful Bro.Mark and Sis.Carolynn were able to make it there. I wish i could have listened in at the visits =). Love you lots! Have fun in the Bahamas!

Kristen said...

I too thought of you when I saw this background :) most be made for you lol and how sweet to get to visit with brethren what a blessing!

carimarie said...

I like your new page, too cute! Im so glad you got to visit with the visiting brethern! We were also able to meet and visit with them on Wednesday at Jerry & Elaines they are so sweet! Im so glad you having such an awesome time with your kids, It goes by so fast I have come to realise. Well I hope you have a wonderful time in the bahamas and take lots of pics, love ya!