Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bye Bye Bahamas!

Well, we aren't going on our trip to the Bahamas. We found out on Friday but it took a while to sink in! I'll start by saying that we are very thankful that Tony still has a job. That is WAY more important than a trip. The readers digest version is that Tony's boss was caught in some unethical business practices and our trip has suffered. The Boss got fired on Friday and because of everything that has happened and is still unfolding we are not going. We were both shocked about it all. It really has taken some time to let it all sink in. Not just about the trip but everything. I find myself worrying about Tony's job but have really tried to pray that I would be able to lay it down and leave it. I know God knows about it. I really feel like it isn't over and that leaves a feeling of uncertainty. I want to just not think about it each day when he leaves for work and wonder if when he returns if he will have a job. I am really seeking God about it. If we come to your mind please keep us in your prayers. So, for now we will just anxiously await Sky Camp! (Which will be far more edifying!) Can't wait to see you all again. I got so spoiled getting to come about every 6 weeks. It has now been months and seems like forever. It is such a wonderful blessing to have a longing to be with my brethren and such a full love for those that I once was separated from. I don't think I will ever get over what God has done for me and all that he has worked. He is the only one that could do it. He is the only one that knows what is in my heart and how to work within me. I am just so thankful. So we aren't going to the Bahamas but Lord willing will be in OR in about 3 weeks.

2 comments:

Sis. Leah said...

I am sorry to hear about your trip. I will keep you and your family in my prayers about the job. I hope it all works out well for you guys. I will also pray for a safe trip for you guys on your trip to OR. I hope you guys have a blast, and come back uplifted. It is so nice when you get to be around brethren. I love it and I hope we can make it to the next Sky Camp.

Jackie said...

Well your story about your husbands job sounds alot like something that we went through with my husbands job about 2 years ago. One day one of his employee's called us at like 5am and said that he couldn't get into the place because all the locks had been changed. We were very worried but it all worked out. It turned out that my husbands boss was embezelling and got caught but my husband still has his job. And it is only by the mercy of God so I have been where you are and I will be praying for you!!!!