Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quietness

I just poured another cup of coffee and am sitting here just listening to the quietness of my house. Everyone is at school and work. It just seems strange for it to be this quiet. Part of me is enjoying it, you know drinking your coffee uninterrupted and without having to repeatedly re heat your cup, but a bigger part of me is missing everyone. Some Mom's were so excited for school to start but I wasn't. I know this is just a taste of what it will be like when the kids are all grown. I'm just not in any hurry for them to leave the nest. Trust me, I know it will come but that doesn't mean I like it. So for now I will sign off and go finish my hot cup of coffee and start my cleaning. Wow! I'll be able to clean and not have any one mess it up for a few hours.... ok maybe the quietness isn't TOO bad! LOL

6 comments:

Jules said...

I'm enjoying quietness with you :) Except I haven't had coffee today. Just a Monster energy drink ;) I have LOTS to do after being gone 1 1/2 months, so my kids being in school REALLY helps. Hope you enjoy all these days :)

Sis. Leah said...

I totally understand, except I still have one here. So I guess its not totally quiet here. But I do miss the two older ones when they're not here. Also I finally sat and listened to the words of New Again yesterday, and I just cried. It is one of my favorite songs now. I had my husband listen to it when he got home, and he had me look up the words for him. So thank you for sharing it with us.

carimarie said...

:( how sad I cant imagine Marley growing up 6 months has already gone by so fast! WEll Im glad you all will get to go to skycamp that will be a nice little trip!

Tiffany said...

I find that when its quiet and i'm cleaning or cooking i tend to talk to the Lord more and think on good things.

Sis Stubby said...

If the quietness gets to much for you put on your music & sing.Bro Stubby & I we both missed the kids when they all were out of the house. So we took on others kids.

Shannon said...

Wow! How nice you've gotten to enjoy the quietness. I haven't yet been able to. I'm still on a dead run. I've been at the school helping out already, running around getting football stuff done, & now I get to go do jury duty tomorrow. I can't wait until I get to enjoy it too. ;)