Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Goodbye Summer Vacation

I can't believe it is time for school to start again. Tony just took Josh to school for his first day of middle school. In our district they have the 6th and 9th graders start one day before everyone else so they can figure out where everything is without all the upper classman. I just can't believe it is that time again. The summer just flew by. Who am I kidding... The last 18 years have flown by! It was so weird only school shopping for 3 instead of 4. I know when I blink I will only be shopping for 1! So for today I will get the other kids ready for their first day tomorrow and wait for Josh to come home and share about his day. He was so nervous. He is a little more shy than my other kids and was afraid he will walk into the wrong class. He took a map of the school and wrote what period he would be in which class. I guess I will just pour me a few more cups of coffee and wait for him to get out of school!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Sis. Leah said...

I agree summer flew by. I hope Josh has a good day. And that the other two have a good first day tomorrow. I will keep them in my prayers, and thank you for the prayers that went out for my boys. The both are liking school very much. I am sure everything will work out fine for yours too.

Carrie said...

WHAT!?!? Josh is not in Middle School... Awwwww. I hope and pray he has a good day!

Love ya,

Carrie

Jules said...

I know... I can't believe summer is already over. It FLEW by. We did end up having a great summer though, in Colorado. I'm in a way glad they are headed to school, so I can get back to a normal routine again.

Anonymous said...

I walked past the school supply isle the other day and it really hit me that I didn't even realize it was that time again. Made me think of the early days spent with my little ones at my dining room table counting and learning how to read, their little faces when they figured it out :) Precious memories are flooding my soul this morning. Josh is awesome at everything, I'm sure he did just great!