Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Well...it has been a while since I have updated. So, as most of you know Tony lost his job in August. It was such a shock but we had a peace in it. A week later he got another job. We were so excited. It was different than anything he as done before in the fact that it was full commission. We felt like it was the right thing to do so he jumped in with both feet. (Or should I say WE jumped in since I had to be his secretary!) We felt pretty good about it for a while but things haven't gone as we had hoped and he hasn't made any money in 3 1/2 months. The bottom line is that people were afraid to commit without seeing the product and there weren't any here to show them. Tony's boss agreed to give one business a free 30 day trial just to get one here for people to see. So that's where we are now....waiting to see if the other interested people will commit now that they can SEE it. In the mean time he has applied for other jobs in hopes to fill in the gaps but nothing yet. I too have been looking for work but no luck. Really, this has just been one thing we are going through but to be honest my plate is so full that it is running onto the counter. God has allowed many trials for me right now. He has allowed one heart break after another. I know this will not last forever. What it has done is make me "home sick". It has made me think more about the HOPE that lies before me. I think about what it will be like to have no pain or sorrow, to walk with Christ and all those that have gone on before me. I want to be thankful in the trials. I want praise to fall from my lips always, in EVERY situation he brings my way. So this is my update for now. There is so much I could write about but I think I will save it for another day. I leave you with this....

"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD."
Lamentations 3:21-26


I want to wait "quietly" for the salvation of the Lord.......

0 comments: