Last week we had a foot washing at church. As I sat there I looked to bench that Gram sat on at our last foot washing. It was if I could see the last meeting in my head. I could see her trying to get down to wash the feet of a Sister. Her body old and worn. It was so hard for her but she wanted to do it. I had to lift her up from the ground. As these pictures flowed my mind it caused me to think about how her body will not be old and worn any more. She will have a new body, one with no aches or pain. One with no wrinkles but beautiful and fresh. It made me think about it for myself. It made me excited for the day that I will get a new body and dwell in beauty forever. In the excitement I was also sobered. I have requirements too. I want to be faithful all the days of my life. I want to be careful to not make excuses for the flesh but to put the flesh away and walk in the spirit. Although the storm rages around me, and the waves are crashing as the mighty white peaks form I want to stay focused on the goal. I want to fill my mind with the beauty of Christ and let the peace of God rule my heart. Today my mind will rejoice in the promise that awaits me.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Aw precious! :0)
Post a Comment