
Today is Jared's 18th Birthday. I can't believe I have another adult child. He is already making "adult" decisions that we are NOT happy about but have to let him go make is own life. I know I will have to just be here to pick up the pieces. LOL
Of course, as with any of your children's birth you replay it all in your head. Jared was the first baby I had after coming into the faith. I was so excited to see what God was going to do for us in it. I had such a hard delivery with Hope but knew that didn't mean it would happen again. When I was about 6 months pregnant I had a dream. In the dream a prophet came to me and spoke and said in the prophecy that I would be in need of great mercy and many would seek him for mercy on my behalf. I thought about the dream many times but wasn't afraid. It was a long hard labor and once again ran into trouble and the brethren did have to seek God for mercy on my behalf. But here he is....a strong, beautiful young man. God was so good to us all through it.
God did so many wonderful and precious things during it all but one thing that has been precious to me for all these years is how he revealed to a sister in another state that I was in labor and was in trouble. She had no idea that I was in labor and had been for quite some time. She was standing in her kitchen and an angel came and told her to go into a fast for me because I needed Gods mercy greatly. She did just that. After several hours the press she felt in the spirit was gone.....I had given birth and all was well. She had no idea other than the feeling going away. That was so sweet to me. It was so awesome to get to talk to her on the phone after it was all over and she shared what happened and when the feeling left. It was the exact time of the first breath.
God is so awesome. He power is beyond understanding sometimes. I am just so thankful for it. I am thankful to be his, to be in the palm of his hand, to have my very hairs numbered. I am so blessed.... much more than deserve.
Happy Birthday Son!
Monday, October 4, 2010
Another Adult In The House....
Posted by Kim at Monday, October 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a precious testimony! I love to hear stories like that, Kim! Builds my faith!
Happy belated birthday to Jared!
how sweet! I haven't read anyone's blogs for a long time! This is very sweet :)
Post a Comment