Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holding Fast.....

"Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)"

In Job, we read....

"And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land."

Many times I think about the hedge that Satan speaks about. God is the same today and I believe does the same for me. There is a hedge around me but from time to time he takes the hedge down as he did for Job. He allows Satan to touch me. He allows troubles and trials to come my way. But do I have faith unwavering? Am I just as confident with faith when the hedge is down then when it is up? Do I question Gods love for me or do I KNOW he loves me and is allowing troubles and sorrows because of his love for me? Do I seek to strengthen my faith when the hedge is up to be able to fight when the hedge is down? How do I prepare for battle? Do I hold my sword high and wear my breastplate or do I lay them down because they are too heavy? I pray that God will always fill me with strength and a desire to fight the good fight. God, please hear my cries before you....help me to hold fast to that that is good....Help me to fill my mind with the good things.....and help me fight the battles that rage around me.

0 comments: