For almost 2 weeks I have been thinking about what it is to be a friend to someone. Have you thought about what kind of friend YOU are? I was watching an interview of Oprah and she was asked to describe her friend Gayle. She said, "She is the mother I never had. A Sister everyone would want and a friend that everyone deserves." What would your friend say about you? What does being a friend mean to you? Have you been there for your friend? Have you sat on the phone for them to talk when they needed to or was the call coming through on Call Waiting more important? Have you just not answered the phone because something YOU wanted to do was more important? Have you gone over to visit them when you know they are being tried just to hug them and try to help them carry the load? Have you made your friend feel special? Have you treated them the way you want to be treated? I was thinking about how Christ is our Friend....he laid down his life for his Friends. Aren't we suppose to do the same thing? Aren't we suppose to put others before our selves? So? How do you think your friends would describe you? Have you ever thought about it?
Friday, December 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I have thought about this alot! I have some of the best friends and I find myself falling short as a friend at times. I am a work in progress, thanks for sharing your thoughts!
I have felt this in my life and prayed and sought the lord about it.
I truly feel we can only judge ourselves in this and not our own friends. I have tried to judge my friends to what measure I believed them needing to meet in my eyes only to be shamed and humbled by the Lord. I have made myself very unhappy over the years trying to decide how my friends should be instead of concentrating on how to love and be a better friend for them and the Lord.
Mandy, I think you miss understood me. Thats what Im talking about. Have I done those things? What is it just to be a good friend? It isnt that Im feeling anything other than self examination and wanting to put my brethren first and be a good friend.
that is a very good thought then and a sweet heart to have ;D <3
Post a Comment