Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

I don't really know how I feel about saying goodbye to 2010 since you never know what you will get the NEXT year. LOL This year has been full of great sorrow, heaviness of heart, trials, tribulation with a few joys thrown in. I am a "glass is half full" kind of girl but still couldn't escape the heaviness of the load I have carried this year.

We lost Gram this year


She strove to serve God for many many years. In the sorrow, a great joy was a couple of nights before she died. Aunt Cindy thought she was going that night so we all went over there and as Gram lay in the bed us Granddaughters began to sing to her. It truly was a precious time. It was a time that I hope I have as I leave this life. A moment when those I love sing around my bed, their praises to the King. It was such a sweet time.
We have had struggles, Tony has a job, doesn't have a job, thinks he has a job, doesn't have a job, thinks he has a job, doesn't have a job...........and so on.
Hope moved out. It was exciting for her and a heartbreak for me.
So many more personal sorrows and things that have made the load so heavy.
There has been a loneliness this year. One that I don't remember even feeling before. No where to go to talk to someone, no one to bounce stuff off of. There really isn't a better way to say it other than Lonely.
But there are joys. God worked it some things that will always be priceless to me. He directed me to go to see a Sister that I didn't know. He filled my mouth to speak HIS words to her. He has formed a friendship that I am thankful for. God delivered us from the desert with a broken down car that increased my children's faith. Through much prayer, God has changed the mind of one of my children to do something that would not have been pleasing to him nor made us happy. Only God could have done it. He has given us Levi to be such a joy to us. He is so precious and we enjoy watching him grow. He has given us our children that we laugh and cry with. Maybe next year I will be able to write about how he gave me health but not this year. I have had 2 strokes this year and the affliction that I have had for over 2 years hasn't been any better. He gives me enough to work in the things he would have me do though and that I am so thankful for. I have always enjoyed the spiritual gifts that he has given me. Through all of it he has always filled my body with enough to do what he would have me to for HIM.
So.... GOODBYE 2010. May the Lord bless each one in 2011 according to His will.

1 comments:

carimarie said...

I was just thinking today I cant believe its been almost a year this Sis Delores passed away!