Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh So Thankful For God's Perfect Work...

Where to even begin...I have so many thoughts but will try to not ramble. As most of you know there is a Dear Sister in CA that is greatly afflicted and is suffering. Over the last couple of weeks my heart would break with each phone call. When she would call and hear what she was feeling was hard enough but when she couldn't talk and her husband would call for prayers and I could hear her in the background just crushed me. She is so dear to me I just wanted to get there to hold her hand. I knew I needed to wait and pray about it. I only wanted to go if God wanted me to go. I prayed and fasted about it. The day I fasted the answer came. I was praying during my fast and asked that God would show me without a doubt if it was HIS will for me to go and that I wasn't just moved by my emotions. I got off my knees and went to my computer to take care of some business. I clicked on Internet Explorer and what popped up....First thing on the screen...Flights from Boise to Ontario, CA and along with it came a quickening and a still small voice that said Friday. I got my answer. It was only Tuesday at the time so I knew I needed to wait but I checked prices on last minute flights and they were over $600. I knew God was going to work something awesome for me to go. I continued to pray about it. On Thursday I checked for last minute flights and there it was...a ridiculously cheap flight. 1 flight. I knew that was my answer. I bought the ticket. I didn't want to tell them that I was coming. So, Friday I couldn't wait to get on that Jet Plane and get to my dear friend as soon as possible. Of course it came as such a surprise to them. I got to be there until yesterday. God was so sweet while I was there. I was so comforted. I have been feeling pretty useless. I have been feeling like he hasn't used me for anything in awhile. I know it was just the adversary trying to bring me down and from time to time I listened to him. So many times while there God took my tongue to speak to her. It was so sweet to feel God's spirit, have direction and a calm in my soul. Words really cant express how thankful I am and how my heart over flows. It was hard to see her suffer but at the same time I had such a peace. Yesterday was so hard to leave. My heart was crushed. I cried all the way to the airport. I know God has a perfect work in her affliction. I know we all have things to learn in her suffering. She is just so dear to me that I want to be there to hold her hand. I really cant do any more than that. I would suffer it for her if I could, even for a time to give her a break but he chose her for a reason. These few days will be a treasured memory to me. To think back on how God worked and how he filled me. Of course my selfish prayer is that God wont take her from me yet but I know he will work HIS will. I hope I will be able to go back and care for her again if this continues to go on but until then.....I will be still and wait to see the perfect will of God in it all.

0 comments: