Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love

"Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.


Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit."

I have been thinking about loving one another quite a bit lately. I have felt like I love my brethren but lately it has been different. Several years ago, I wrote quite often about going through a trial with a friend and the affliction of her daughter. It was so hard at the time to hear all that was going on and be so far away. It was a good lesson for me then. I think I learned some about loving my brethren and having compassion. Now it is time to learn some more. My dear friend (who once again is so far from me) is so afflicted. She suffers daily and it hurts me. It is hard to get the calls from so far away, asking for prayer. Of course I quickly call on God for mercy but when the calls come and I can HEAR her suffering in the background it absolutely crushes me. Hearing her pulls me to my knees and my eyes fill with tears to plead to God for mercy. I was blessed to get to care for her for a few days. I am very, very thankful but in some ways it has made it harder. I have just been thinking about the Love we should share. The love that should fill us, to hold up the hands that hang down. The love that causes us to seek God on their behalf. The love that encourages us to sacrifice our time. The love that is just a small glimpse of what God feels for us. I have thought about the prophecy I got last year. In it I was told "My beloved Daughter, let thy love flow for it is a great love that I have given to thee and I would that thou would show it and let it be felt in many, many places in many, many ways" I have really been feeling the great love he has given me for his people. With that comes the sorrow that we feel when we share each others burdens. I am so thankful for the love I have felt. With that love comes the crushing of the heart when you see them suffer in their trials. I want to love all my brethren the way I have felt in recent days. I want to hold on to it and not allow it to lessen in time. I want to be able to stand strong against the enemy when he would want to come and take that love away.

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. "

1 comments:

Tiffy said...

Oh Kim, that is sooo hard! Please feel fee to send me a message on facebook when the sister asks for prayers. I check my messages often!

Thanks! Love you <3