Saturday, November 29, 2008

What A Weekend

The weekend has gone sooo fast! I know I already posted about Gram and not much has really changed with the situation. It looks as if she is still having small stokes.

Thursday was a YUMMY day! The kids helped finish making Thanksgiving dinner and when Hope got home from work we ate. After that we went to spend a little time with Gram. We came home, ate pie and played games. It was such a sweet day to me. I loved looking at each dish and being able to see the love my kids put into it. It made it taste that much better.

Friday was a harder day for me physically because I over did on Wednesday and Thursday. I just rested until my company came! I posted a while back that a couple Sisters from OR were coming. They got here! My heart was so full as they walked in. They stayed for a bit then went to see a couple other sickies....

Saturday morning my dear Sisters came back to spend the day. They came with breakfast. It was sooo good. Then they wanted to make me feel like a queen and relaxed. They put a tiara on my head and drew me a hot bubble bath. I LOVE baths. I take one every night to relax. I got out and they gave me a pedicure. Then we watched a movie. It was sooo sweet. I had to lay down in between things but you know..... you do whatcha gotta do! I just cant believe how sweet they were to try to take care of me. I hope that I will be able to care for them some day. Not that I am wishing afflictions on them or anything, I just hope I can do this for them. It is very hard for me to be the helpee instead of the helper! I know I need to do better. I really tried to be a good girl! Sis. D laid down the law before the Sisters came and told me I had to let them do everything they had planned. I did....I was a good girl Sis. D!!! My dear Sisters are leaving after church tomorrow. I am sure I will be fighting back the tears when they go.

So this was a little bit of OR until I can go again. It made me miss my dear brethren there even more....

3 comments:

Sis Stubby said...

I am so glad for you. That your kids came thru with a good Thanksgiving.
It gave me cold chills to hear what the sweet sisters did for you.

Sis. Leah said...

I am glad you were able to enjoy Thanksgiving with the family. It sounds like you had a nice visit with the brethren. How sweet of them to pamper you like that. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Jackie said...

That is so sweet I am happy for you and I will be praying too.