Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day Before Thanksgiving Thankfulness

I know it is the day before Thanksgiving but I have been thinking about the things I am thankful for. We got a call last night that my Grandma was having a stroke. We got dressed and drove over. (For those of you who dont know her, she has been in the faith for right around 60 years. She is very strong person who has suffered very little with physical afflictions. Heck... she hardly gets sick at all.) When we got there she was sitting in a chair with one side numb. Her speech was very slurred and her mouth drooped on one side. Today her speech is better but still has some numbness. It looks like stuff is still going on in her head though. She is very dizzy. It may not make since why I started my post about being thankful and then talk about this but I am thankful. I am thankful that she has lived the faith for many years. I am thankful she has almost run her race. It really isnt a sad things, It WILL be a day of rejoicing. She has been ready to go for a long time. She was talking today about dying and being excited to see loved ones and of course to live in heaven! I am thankful I was raised in the faith. I am thankful I heard him when he called me. I am thankful for my children and husband, a warm home and my brethren. I just have so many things to be thankful for I cant even count them. So for today I will try to get as much as possible done for tomorrow. I am teaching my kids a lot about cooking this year.... I just dont have the strength. They are having fun with that. I taught Hope how to make Pie Crust and she is soooo excited and happy with how they both look. They actually do look pretty good for her first try. So, I will just keep my mind focused on my blessings and pray that my heart will continue to be full of joy in the midst of what ever is ahead with Gram. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

That scripture in Timothy really stirred my spirit and mind. What a wonderful thing to ponder on.

It will truly be a day of rejoicing when Grandma leaves this world. It will be sad too of course. I do hope she doesn't suffer much in the days ahead. I know she longs to see her dear hubby, Bro.Chuck. You are all in our prayers.

Love,
Tiffy lou/Nee

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for this post. I touched my heart so. I am praying for sister D. and also found myself countying my blessing and being so thankful for all god has done and given us. My prayers are with you all love stacie

Anonymous said...

We DO have so much to be thankful for especially to serve such a wonderful God. I will be praying for your family & sis D. on this thanksgiving! love you, Jen

Sis Stubby said...

We will be praying for her and the family

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post.I am so thankful for the life those that have walked before us have led and G-ma has been such a good example of holding on to her Faith through whatever trial or heart-ache has come her way. We are truly "compassed about by so great a cloud of witnesses" in this wonderful way. How sweet your family has all helped cook! It'll make this Thanksgiving even more special when you look back on it. Wishin i coulda snuck over in my Sisters suitcase. Give your kids a squeeze for me. (Oh! and brother T too :)