Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Love In My Life

The other day my Love and I were talking about how things were when we first began to date. Our love, as most married couples, has changed over time. It has grown and grown. It has become something so precious. I love him so much...even with all his funny quirks! My husband, my husband....he makes me laugh so many times. (Which is GREAT for me since I LOVE to laugh) He is especially funny late at night when he is REALLY tired, as a rare few brethren have seen. LOL Anyway, back to my thoughts about the love in my life. Since being sick he has been home a lot. Today he was home for lunch. I looked at him and such an overwhelming feeling of love for him filled my heart. He has been so sweet to me in this sickness. He has so willingly taken care of not just me but the family. He does it with such love and compassion. He has such a tender concern for me. I was really trying to do some things around the house today and he was so concerned that I was over doing it. I WAS over doing it but just wanted so bad to feel like I could do SOMETHING to lighten the load. All of this is so sweet to me but above it all, he loves God. I know that because of that love he does what he does for us. I am sharing this and talk about it because of my sickness but really that's pretty much how our house is all the time. My husband is always willing to help out. I cant count how many times after dinner when I just wanted to put my feet up for a few minutes before doing dishes that I find he already did them. I am so blessed to have all this love in my life. I definitely don't deserve all that God has given me. I guess tonight, when I lay my head on my pillow the gifts of love will seem a little sweeter. Thank you Lord for such a sweet reminder and for a precious companion to walk with.

3 comments:

Sis Stubby said...

That is so sweet.I am so happy for you.And what an example for the young men to see.

Kim said...

Sis. Stubby,

Trust me...my hubby is a wonderful example of many things. I hope you get to meet him someday.

Sis Stubby said...

I would love to meet you & him.