Well today was my daughters last day of school. I can't believe she is old enough to graduate. (She does plan on attending college in the fall so she isn't finished with school forever but still!) It seems like yesterday that she was the happy little baby that looked up at me while she nursed and held onto my fingers to walk. Now she takes the car keys and goes! ARRGGG!
Where does the time go? Am I really getting older? Why doesn't the face looking back at me in the mirror look like the face I remember? I have now been married for 18 years, in the faith 17 years and had 4 kids somewhere in there! I have had so many different experiences through that time and I think some of them are being worn on my face. I can say I have earned every gray hair on my head and many more to come! (Like I said, I do have 4 kids! Hee! Hee!)
So today is a day of excitement for her but a day of reflection and a little sadness for me. Where will she go in her life now? Only God knows and I have to remember that. God does know and he will keep and protect her until the day he calls her to baptized.

2 comments:
Dear Sister Kim I know how you feel. I have 3 Grad
from high school wow well love you.. Love Sister Charlene PS I have a blog too
I agree! They grow up so fast. When I think of how many days I was the one privileged enough to hold their hands and guide them. I'll always wonder if I did enough and always wish I had more time. But the day you see them reach for and take hold of their Heavenly Fathers hand will be the sweetest of your life. You have so many sweet days of rejoicing ahead of you:)
Post a Comment