Friday, January 11, 2008

Thinking of "Home"

Just thinking tonight about the goal. What do I have to do to reach my "home"? I have so much to be thankful for and am so blessed. I thank him for my blessings daily but do I thank him for the trial? It is so easy to be thankful when things are good but what about when I am in the fire? Am I as Job and careful with my tongue? My trials are not yet as Job's. I have not lost everything including my children, I have not been crucified for the sins of this world. When I think of those that have suffered so much more than I it makes what I am going through seem so small.

I just wanted to share this song and hopefully it will bring thoughts of the reward if we submit ourselves and are obedient. Every tear, every heartache, every trial will all be worth it. What a day that will be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of that sweet song. It'll always remind me now of Brother Mike P. :) My hearts prayer is that I would learn to rejoice in the trials God brings my way and not want to run from them. Brother Craig, in a talk on Wednesday about being diligent, said something about imagining the Lord sitting right next to you, telling you what He saw you needed to work on, would we shrink from it or would we get busy?.

I want to thank God for loving me enough to bring me to my knees, humble my heart and show me the things I fall short in.