Everyday my 15 year old son gets a ride to and from school with his girlfriend. (She is older and already drives.) Anyway, it has been snowing for the past few days. Today the kids were all at school and I was relaxing and doing some thinking when it was though a voice spoke to me and told me that my son was going to be in accident today. I looked at the clock and knew in about 2 hours he would be out of school. About time for school to dismiss I went in the bathroom, brushed my hair and put on my shoes and waited for him to call to give me the bad news. Sure enough just a few minutes later my phone rang with his name on the caller ID. He had been in an accident and I needed to go down there. I told him the Lord showed me it was going to happen. I drove down there and they were nothing more than shook up. The car was smashed on the passenger's side pretty bad but everyone was fine. (I am sure they will probably be a little sore tomorrow.) I am just so thankful that God warned me ahead of time and that he kept them all safe.
This is just one of those times that it could have been so much worse. It was another time that he spared one of my children from great harm. Why? Why did spare my child and took Sis. Cindi's son Jo? After thinking about her and her family for the last few days it makes me so thankful. God didn't have to spare him but he did. I know God taking one of our children is not the worse thing that can happen. I am just thankful tonight that I was spared great sorrow. I know God's grace is sufficient but I am happy to see his smiling face and not have it only as a memory.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Thank You Lord For Your Watchful Care!
Posted by Kim at Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think the lord allows these things to happen sometimes to increase your faith, and also your children's. These will be one of the testimonies that stays in the back of his head in the years to come! You may not think he remembers, but he will! I only know this because it wasn't that long ago when i was the silly teenager that my momma worried about. She was so worried that i would never come in the faith. I always had all the testimonies of Gods mercy in my mind though.
I'm thankful that he and his friends are o.k. :)
I am so glad to hear that your son is okay. It is such a comfort and strength to know that God warns us from time to time, to help increase our faith in Him. My heart has been heavy and I have thought alot about Bro. Roger and Sis. Cendee's son (Josiah) who was taken. What a heavy burden to bear, but hopefully through all the prayers that are going to heaven for them they will gain a lot of peace and comfort. God is good and merciful even when we don't quite understand it all.
Glad to hear that he is ok, sometimes it is so scary being on the roads. Joe almost got in a really bad wreck today on the way to work. The roads were really bad (icy) and a truck in the other lane on the other side of the median side across the median to his side of the road and just missed him by inches Joe said. He was pretty shook up and would have been pretty bad had they hit. It was on the highway and they were both going about 60 mph. So thankful for the Lord's watchful care over us each and every day.
Warnings are a blessing, it gives us time to PRAY, FAST, PLEAD THE BLOOD and it is evidence that GOD wants to change the situation or else why would He warn us. What could have ended in a bad way did not end that way because HE SEES ALL that we cannot see, HE knows everything!
Post a Comment