Today is the day after Thanksgiving (the holiday) but yet I find myself still giving thanks! Really, we should every-single-day. We have been blessed far above measure and with each day brings new blessings. Yesterday was spent with a good sized crowd but my mind was in so many places that it was easier just to keep myself busy in the kitchen. Not only was my mind full of thanks-giving but it was full of thoughts of a dear friend. My mind went to memories of the past which also brings some sorrow. At the same time my mind was thinking about today. I was so incredibly blessed to spend the day with a Sister. It was the sweetest 9 hours that I have had in a long time. We sat with our coffee and talked. We got to share stories, laughter and a few tears. It is amazing how God works and how HE places a love within a heart. We are two very different people and without the faith we would have NEVER met yet we share something more precious than Gold. As we sat and talked and shared, my heart was so over joyed to have this opportunity. Today was a memory that I will treasure. Words fail to express just what I felt today. As I looked across the couch and looked eye to eye, all I could think was "thank Lord for bringing her here. Thank you for letting me love her. Thank you for what you have worked". I know yesterday was "Thanksgiving" but today I was so full of "Thanks-giving". My heart over flows......................
Friday, November 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment