Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Walking The Sea...

"But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.

And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.

And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.

But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? "

This story has been on my mind today. I thought about being focused on Christ. The storm was raging and the ship was being tossed but when Peter saw Christ and Christ bid him to come, he stepped out. With is eyes focused ONLY on Christ he walked on the water. When he turned his eyes he then feared the storm and was afraid and began to sink. Is that me? While the storm is raging do I keep my eyes focused on Him? No one can make me stay focused.... that's up to me. Do I doubt? Do I allow fear and doubt to enter my heart which then takes the peace?

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. " I think we have all proved this scripture and have seen what fear can do to us in our trials and afflictions. When we walk in perfect love we are able to walk out on the sea in the midst storm and don't sink. We don't see the waves or feel the rocking of the ship. All we see is Christ bidding us to come. My desire is to stay focused on Him, to hear his voice calling out to me no matter how soft. I want to stand and see his hand reached out to me and feel his gentle touch.

Heavenly Father, help me to always keep my eyes, heart, soul and mind focused on you until the day you would call me home.......

0 comments: