Monday, August 23, 2010

The Sincere Prayer.....

praying Pictures, Images and Photos

I was reading in Daniel today. When I got to this verse....

"And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands. "

I started thinking about my conversations with the Lord. I started thinking about the times that I have felt to fall to my knees. I know we all have many conversations with the Lord but haven't you ever felt to just fall to your knees? To be honest, out of my many prayers there are not very many times that I have felt the great need and press to fall onto my knees where I stand. Should I feel that more often? There are times I go into my room, close the door and pray. Then there are other times that I am doing my housework and I just pray and talk to my Father but there have been times where I did feel a press to fall to the ground and seek my God. I guess thinking about this made me think about whether some of my prayers are more sincere than other prayers. When you get a call for prayers do you stop what you're doing and get down to seek God or is it a quick prayer spoken? When someone comes to your mind do you say a sincere prayer for that person or is it just a passing thought? I know the scriptures say to pray without ceasing so I'm sure He didn't expect us to get down to pray each time or we wouldn't get anything done but I do know that he expects each prayer to be sincere. Thinking about this has been a good self examination for me today. I want to pray for my dear brethren as sincere as I hope they pray for me. I want to feel the need to fall to my knees more often. I'm thankful that I came across that scripture today. I'm thankful that it came to me each time I prayed today.

0 comments: